Sunday, May 01, 2005

Misued Word:

Let's start with the letter A

as in the word:
AGENDA
Everyone has an agenda, from the moment they wake in the morning to the second before they drop off into slumber. Do you intend to shave the stubble off your pasty face? Whether you do on not, that is an agenda. Misused word, as in the case of the phrase "homosexual agenda". This means the quaint desire not to have rednecks beat you to death with tire irons behind the Tastee Freez based on how you choose to exercise your prostate gland. Additionally, an internist correctly assayes your medical problem, with a solution, but charges for the service. The fact that the doctor is pursuing a monetary agenda of profit for this service does in no way effect the quality of either the diagnosis or the prognosis. A meaningless word. A demand for mere dignity is not an agenda as the way detractors wish to misuse the word. See also the utterly meaningless phrase, partisan motive.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger SatishTalim said...

Thanks for stopping by at My Chess Blog at http://satishtalim.blogspot.com

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

I like your blog. I am sure you are doing a wonderful job of exposing misused words and phrases but I am a dimwit with a limited vocabulary so I cannot truly make that claim with authority (there is an "A" word- did I use it correctly?). I will read your blog so in the future I will not make the mistake of misusing one of your featured words. It's kind of like Reader's Digest WORD POWER.
cheers!

ps. what about overuse? I felt like I wrote "word" a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home